READY, SET, RACE!
The Extreme Fun Center in Aberdeen isn’t your standard “Cart” track. Our state-of-the-art racing karts are all electric and all power. With safety standards not available in gasoline engines, as well as adjustable seating arrangements, speeds and more, the whole family can enjoy an adrenaline pumping ride.
GENERAL SAFETY RULES
- Alcohol and drugs are not permitted within the building or on the premises.
- No one is permitted past the fence separating the viewing area from the track except drivers that have been cleared by Extreme Fun Center staff to proceed to the karts.
- Walking onto any portion of the track or beyond any divided partitions is prohibited.
- Spectators are not allowed to reach over the fence while karts are on the track.
- No stopping on the track to wait for other karts.
FLAGS AND LIGHTS
- A BLUE FLAG informs a driver of a faster approaching kart. The driver should move aside to allow the faster kart to pass.
- A YELLOW FLAG indicates a situation that requires drivers to exercise caution. When a yellow flag is displayed, drivers are required to slow down and no passing is permitted until the track is cleared. Remote Kart Control may be used to slow or stop all karts during this time.
- A RED FLAG signals that all action on the course has been stopped. When the red flag is displayed all karts must come to a slow and controlled stop. Track workers will indicate when drivers can either restart the session or return to the pits. Remote Kart Control may be used to stop all carts.
- A WHITE FLAG indicates one lap to go. Continue racing until crossing the checkered flag.
- A CHECKERED FLAG indicates that the race is complete. Continue around the track and enter the pits slowly.
- A BLACK FLAG is a penalty for a specific driver on the track. If a driver receives the black flag, that driver must report to Extreme Fun Center staff for either instruction or removal from the track. Remote Kart Control may be used to slow or stop the driver's kart.
- All drivers must sign the liability release form each time they visit Extreme Fun Center. For minors, a parent or registered guardian must sign the minor release form before an underage driver can operate a kart.
- Extreme Fun Center requires all drivers to treat track personnel with respect. Failure to listen and comply with Extreme Fun Center staff instruction and direction will result in removal from the track.
- Reckless or aggressive driving is prohibited. Any driving that, in the judgements of Extreme Fun Center staff, endangers participants, spectators or staff, and/or damages the karts, track or facility will result in the immediate loss of driving privileges and forfeiture of any fees paid. Our karts are not "bumper cars". Any intentional bumping will be considered reckless driving.
- Drivers must understand and comply with all on-track flag/light signals.
- Extreme Fun Center reserves the right to exclude any person from current or future driving sessions based on poor behavior or aggressive/reckless driving.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, prescription and/or illegal drugs is strictly prohibited.
- Safety equipment is not an option. All drivers participating in any driving session are required to wear a D.O.T. approved helmet and eye protection. All drivers must use the seatbelt and have it fastened properly.
- When entering and exiting the kart, avoid touching the engine as it may be hot. DO NOT DRIVE with loose items, loose clothing, and/or unsecured long hair. Racing with such items can cause injuries. If you have any doubt about the length of your hair or any other safety questions, talk with an Extreme Fun Center staff member before driving the karts.
- Keep the seatbelt buckled and your arms and legs in the vehicle at all times.
- The throttle for the kart is controlled by your right foot. The brake is controlled by your left foot. Steering should be done with both hands on the steering wheel in the "10 and 2 o' clock" positions.
- In the pit area the maximum speed allowed is walking speed.
- Never get out of the kart while on the track. If you need assistance, pull to the side of the track and wait for personnel to help you. If you start to feel sick, pull into the pit and take a break.
- Feel free to ask any questions before driving the karts. Extreme Fun Center staff members are here to make your experience both fun and safe!
Driving a kart at Extreme Fun Center is a high-speed, turbulent activity with potential for hard impacts. Persons with the following conditions should not participate:
- Guests with back, neck or spinal issues
- Guests with heart trouble or abnormal blood pressure
- Guests who are pregnant
- Guests recovering from a recent surgery or illness
- Guests with fractured or fragile bones
- Guests who are prone to motion sickness
- Guests who have been advised by their doctor to avoid similar activities
For safety reasons, children under 48 inches tall cannot operate a kart under any circumstance.
The karts employ safety restraints which may restrict certain guests from driving due to body shape and size.
Guests must be 7 years old, and at least 48" tall to race.
EXPLORE MORE OF THE FUN
We’re seeking dynamic individuals to join our team. Applicants need to be able to offer excellent customer service to ensure each guest has an amazing time! If you think you’re the person for the job, look at our current job postings below.